Pop-up campers are becoming more popular among people who love camping outdoors. The reason for the rise in demand could be because a camper is bigger than a tent and smaller than a trailer. This makes it a good option if you a looking for a camping solution with more space.
Are you interested in the top-rated pop-up campers of 2020? If you are, I urge you to stick around. I will be reviewing my 5 best campers and what you should look out for when shopping for a quality camper.
The truth is that there are many pop-up campers in the market to choose from. We understand that it can be difficult to make a decision on which brand to settle for. You should know that if you are looking to invest in a quality camper, you need to be ready to spend some money. While there are brands that are moderately priced, if you are in the market for quality, you should be ready to spend some money.
What to Look for in a Quality Camper?
When you are in the market for a brand new camper, it is expected that you will perform your research either by asking around or searching online for reviews. You are right to think that there are features to look for in a quality camper. While it is possible to have your camper remodeled to your specifications, you need to keep your eyes peeled to ensure you get your money’s worth.
This is one feature you don’t want to compromise on if you want a camper that will last long. Campers are quite expensive so you don’t want to be spending money on a new one every few months or years. Check that the materials used in making the body are durable and sturdy enough to resist the wear and tear from the terrains it will be driven on.
You also need to check that it is easy to store the camper when it is not in use. Most of the best products available have the option of folding the camper into a box. This makes it easy to store it when you are not camping with it.
While most campers are designed to be sleek and compact, the best ones are spacious enough to accommodate all your camping essentials. You can easily organize your things in a camper with more storage area so you should look out for this feature before making a decision.
You should choose a camper that provides all the amenities you need to make your camping experience a wonderful one. The best brands offer features that give you the feeling of being at home. You would want your camper to have a kitchen area with a refrigerator, a sink, cooking stoves, and a pantry for your utensils. This makes it possible for you to cook while outdoors.
You also want to check that your pop-up camper is fitted with a toilet. This is an important feature you shouldn’t overlook. Some campers offer waterproof toilets while some others even come with a bathroom.
Temperature Regulation System
This is another feature you need to look out for when looking to buy a pop-up camper. Check that it comes fitted with heating and cooling systems to maximum comfort no matter the weather conditions. You will need to stay warm during the cold months and cool when it is hot. So take note of this one.
If you spend a lot of time camping outdoors, it only makes sense that you get enough rest when it gets dark. This is why you have to ensure that your camper has the right sleeping set-up for a good night’s rest. Check that your camper comes with a mattress and enough sleeping space to accommodate you and your family.
Why Should You Buy a Pop-up Camper?
You might be wondering if a camper is the right option for you. There is no doubt that you can opt to go for a tent or RV but the fact remains that pop-up campers are more flexible. It can permit more activities and movements compared to the other two options.
If you are still not sold on the benefit of a camper, here are a few more for you to consider
- Protects you from the sun and rain
- A more comfortable sleeping option compared to using a tent
- Equipped with features to make your camping experience a wonderful one
- The compact design makes it easy to navigate tight corners unlike with a trailer
- Provides storage space for all your camping gears
- You get a more natural airflow when you are inside a camper
Now that we have highlighted some of the things to look for in a good camper, and why you should buy a camper. We will now be talking about the top-rated pop-up campers of 2020.
Top-Rated Campers of 2020
Here are the 5 campers that made our list
This is a good option if you are looking for a versatile camper that can serve any type of purpose. The Jayco Jay Series can easily maneuver rugged and rustic terrains. It gives you all the freedom you need to enjoy your outing without worrying about your gears or where to sleep.
- The camper is equipped with highly durable vinyl flooring. This makes it easy to navigate and also guarantees the durability of the camper.
- It is fitted with a stainless steel stove that makes it easy for you to do your cooking.
- It also comes with a sink and faucet for a kitchen experience like no other.
- Features corrosion and scratch-resistant frame that is resistant to corrosion and scratch.
- Features television and stereo which provides entertainment for you when camping
- Screen room with private panels
- Features entertainment
- Fitted kitchen
- Fitted bathroom
- Fitted toilet
- Towing features needs adjustments
LivinLite QuickSilver Tent Campers
The QuickSilver from LIvinLite is number two on our list it features
- It is made from aluminum which is a lightweight material. This makes it possible to handle the camper on rough terrains.
- It is fitted with swivel jack which makes it easy to set up the camper.
- The interior of the camper features an aluminum cabinet, under-seat storage, lightweight countertops, and crack-proof linoleum.
- It comes with additional options such as the electric brakes, air conditioner, privacy curtains, stovetop, rear storage deck, 7-way plug, and LP furnace.
- Easy setup
- Storage space
- Temperature regulation features
- Privacy curtains
- Need to improve towing features
If you are in the market for a camper that provides quality on-road and off-road performance, then you may consider the Air Opus.
- Fitted with powdered aluminum frame and galvanized steel chassis. This makes it durable and versatile.
- Fitted with stove, sink, water dispenser, which you can find in the kitchen.
- Fitted with space for gas cylinders in case you want to make use of eco-friendly energy sources.
- Fitted kitchen
- Rainproof interior fabric
- Off-road performance
- Storage space
- Battery system
- Not enough features
The hard sidewalls on this camper are one of the reasons why we include it in our list of top-rated pop-up campers of 2020.
- It is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, satellite, TV outlets, USB charging ports, and other features that guarantee you remain connected with the world.
- Features a 20-gallon water tank, shower, heater, and water filtration system.
- Fitted with stabilizer jacks that make it easy to set up the camper.
- The interior of the camper is designed to be stylish. It is fitted with wooden floors and seating arrangements that make it stand out from the rest.
- Fitted shower
- Hard sidewall
- Stylish interior
- No screen room
- No high ground clearance
In addition to the stylish design and construction of the Clipper and Viking camper from Coachmen, you will also find that it is convenient and comfortable. This is why it also makes the list of our 5 best camper to buy in 2020.
- stylish interior design with all the features you need to stay comfortable at nights and all through your outing.
- Features a highly durable exterior frame made from materials that resist wear and tear.
- Different options of floor plans to choose from.
- Electric braking system
- Stylish interior design
- Floor options
- Not many color option
While all the brands we reviewed are a good investment, the decision on which camper to settle for rests with you. If we were to select our favorite from the five campers above, it will be the Forest River Flagstaff Pop-up Camper. This is due to its stylish design and durability. It also features amenities that you will need on your outing.
Are there any other campers you will like us to know about? Let us know in the comment section.